Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, August 2020
Read the best articles in August 2020 including: MEP Giants revenue, high-performance buildings, transformers, Product of the Year finalists and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in August 2020 covered MEP Giants revenue, high-performance buildings, transformers, Product of the Year finalists and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. MEP Giants revenue increased 5% over last year – The 2020 MEP Giants gross revenue increased nearly $8 billion, while MEP/FP revenue increased $434 million compared to last year.
2. Pandemic control in high-performance buildings – High-performance building design in health care facilities may teach engineers how to design other building types.
3. Back to basics: Switchgear, transformers and UPSs – Switchgear, transformers and uninterruptible power supplies are among the largest, costliest and most critical devices in a facility.
4. 2020 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote now for the best products! Who will win gold in 2020? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 16th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
5. Building engineers are helping students safely return to school – There are many factors to consider when deciding when and how to safely open schools across the country. Four highlights from a recent ASHRAE report are highlighted.
6. Deep UV light disinfection could help prevent disease, virus spread – Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) developed a device capable of automatically disinfecting common surfaces, which could be vital in virus and disease mitigation during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
7. What ASHRAE 90.4 does for data center energy efficiency – The design and operation of data centers continues to evolve, with ASHRAE Standard 90.4 as guidance.
8. How to select a building automation system – Explore the specification of standard, open and proprietary building automation systems.
9. Case study: Hospital achieves resilient design – Well in advance of COVID-19, Silver Cross Hospital designed for resiliency measures no one could have predicted.
10. Air ventilation and HVAC with Brian Sharkey – Brian Sharkey with Airadigm Solutions offers test-and-balance professionals tips on air balancing and other HVAC issues in nonresidential buildings.