M/E Insider: LEED APs Aplenty; a New Owner for Stearns & Wheler
• Fourteen employees of San Francisco-based M/E firm Mazzetti & Assocs. recently became LEED APs. They are: Robert W. Gulick, P.E.; Tom Pride, P.E., Principal; Doug Brown, P.E., Senior Associate; Phil Gioia, P.E., Senior Associate; John Duffy, P.E., Associate; Bradley W. McGee, Associate; Marco Alves, P.E., Mechanical Engineer; Andrew J. Meyers, Electrical Engineer; Sheau-Chyng Wong, P.E., Mechanical Engineer; Michelle Gemayal, Electrical Designer; Arash Guity, Mechanical Designer; Monica Hartlauer, Mechanical Designer; Matthew T. Jones, Electrical Designer; and Brian Lottis, Mechanical Designer.
• Stearns & Wheler, LLC announced that Michael Tamblin, P.E., has been named an owner. In addition to his new corporate responsibilities, Mr. Tamblin, who has been with the company for 15 years, will continue to be responsible for managing specific client and project activity in the Syracuse and Southeast New York areas.
• International consulting firm ARCADIS has appointed Anthony C. Ferruccio to senior vice president of project and construction management services for the Southeast region. Ferruccio's experience in design and construction oversight has included highway, light-rail transit, airport reconstruction and tunneling projects.
• Alec Cholok, AIA, has joined RTKL as a principal in the firm’s Science & Technology sector. A specialist in government laboratory design, Cholok is based in RTKL’s Washington, D.C. office. Cholok’s more than 30 years of design experience includes major government and private sector laboratory facilities as well as technical facilities for the military and the FAA.
• Leslie Burton, P.E., Electrical Engineer, and Lawrence Black, P.E., Mechanical
Engineer, both of Harris Consulting Engineers, Las Vegas, Nev., recently passed the Professional Engineer licensure exam.