Product of the Year: Official Rules
Product of the Year: Official rules
Official rules for the Consulting-Specifying Engineer 2019 Product of the Year program, including how to enter, voting eligibility, and program schedule.
Entries open Monday, Dec. 3, 2018; entry deadline = Friday, Feb. 1, 2019
About the Product of the Year program
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s Product of the Year (POY) program is the premier award for new products in the mechanical, fire/life safety, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and related nonresidential building systems market. The annual reader-choice program provides Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s audience with information about the top new product in their fields. 2019 will mark 15 years of the POY program.
2019 Product of the Year program schedule
- Dec. 3, 2018: Entries open
- Feb. 1, 2019: Entry deadline (5 p.m. CT)
- Feb. 15, 2019: Finalists notified via email regarding status
- Apr. 11, 2019: Finalists announced and voting begins at www.csemag.com/votepoy
- Finalists featured in the April 2019 issue of Consulting-Specifying Engineer
- Jun. 28, 2019: Voting closes (5 p.m. CT)
- Jul. 8, 2019: Winners notified via email regarding status
- Sept. 12, 2019: Winners announced at www.csemag.com/POY
- Winners featured in the September 2019 issue of Consulting-Specifying Engineer
All entries must be submitted through the New Products for Engineers database. New Products for Engineers is a unique SaaS platform that provides valuable services to engineering users who are interested in discovering new products, and vendors who would like to promote their new products to engineers. Learn more.
Create a free Manufacturer profile in the New Products for Engineers database.
- Access New Products for Engineers: gspplatform.cfemedia.com/pe/
- Click “Register”
- Click “Manufacturer”
- Complete Company Information, Account Information, and Contact Information.
Upload product information to your Manufacturer profile. There is no limit to the number of products you can upload to your profile or enter into the awards programs.
- When logged into your Manufacturer profile, click on the “Products” section and follow the instructions to entering a product.
Select from your list of uploaded products which one(s) you’d like to enter into this awards program.
- When logged into your Manufacturer profile, click on the “Awards” section and choose “Consulting-Specifying Engineer 2018 Product of the Year.” Follow the instructions.
- After selecting your products you will be sent to a payment page. The entry fee is $495.00 per product. Without the entry fee being paid your product(s) will not be considered for the program. See Entry fee for more information.
All information requested must be provided. An incomplete form or a form providing misleading or false information will result in disqualification. The entry process allows for a user to submit multiple products at once; there is no limit on how many products one user/company may enter. An authorized representative of the manufacturer must complete the entry form verifying all information. Entries must be submitted on behalf of the original manufacturer or sole supplier.
Products entered into the 2019 POY program must meet the following criteria:
- Products must have been made first available for purchase in the North American market between Jan. 1, 2018, and Dec. 31, 2018.
- If the entry is a new version of a previously available product, the entry must represent a major modification or redesign of the product. New versions of software must offer new capabilities and significant enhancements.
- Products must be available for purchase in the United States.
- All information fields on the entry form are completed and accurate regarding the product and the manufacturer.
The processing fee (i.e. entry fee) for the 2019 POY program is $495.00 per product entered. If payment is not received, entry will be void. Only credit card payments are accepted; Consulting-Specifying Engineer will not invoice or bill entrants for the POY program. If you experience an issue when trying to pay the fee online, call Amanda Pelliccione to submit payment over the phone. Amanda can be reached at 978-302-3463, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. A receipt will be automatically sent to the email address provided when logging into the website immediately after payment has been captured. If payment is not received by Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, entry will be null and void. No refunds will be issued; no exceptions.
All entries that meet the eligibility requirements are named Finalists. Finalists receive an official Finalist logo to use in marketing efforts promoting their status to customers. Finalists are featured in the April 2019 issue of Consulting-Specifying Engineer and on the website mid-April. The Finalist listing remains on the website indefinitely.
The descriptions published for each Finalist are written/edited/copy-edited by Consulting-Specifying Engineer and average 100 words per product. Descriptions are based upon the description and press release provided with each product. Reviews of descriptions are not available to entry contacts or manufacturers. Once published in print, descriptions cannot be edited. The website URL included with a Finalist description will direct readers to the manufacturer’s website, not to the product listed on the manufacturer’s website directly.
Based on the voting results (see Voting for more information), each category will have a declared Gold, Silver, and Bronze winner. In the event of a tie, it is possible for more than one Gold, Silver, or Bronze winner to be awarded in a category. The Most Valuable Product (MVP) title is awarded to the product that receives the most votes. All winners receive an official Gold, Silver, Bronze, or MVP logo to use in marketing efforts promoting their status. Winners are featured in the September 2019 issue of Consulting-Specifying Engineer and on the website mid-September. The Winner listing remains on the website indefinitely.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer will issue a press release upon the announcement of the Winners.
Voting is only open to qualified subscribers of Consulting-Specifying Engineer products (magazine—print or digital, e-newsletters, white papers, etc.). Qualified subscribers are encouraged to vote in as many categories for which they are qualified based on technological advancement, service to the industry, and market impact. One (1) ballot per qualified subscriber will be accepted; multiple ballots from the same qualified subscriber will be invalid. Ballots received from non-qualified subscribers will be invalid. Employees of product manufacturers with a finalist in the current program and their properties, agencies, vendors, and representatives are not eligible to vote; hence any votes received by these parties will not be counted toward the final tally.
Questions regarding the 2019 POY program should be directed to Amanda Pelliccione, Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-302-3463, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.