Video: Comparison: NETA Standard for Electrical Commissioning and ACG Commissioning Guideline
This study is intended to contrast similarities and differences with guidelines and standards for electrical commissioning practices.
- Defining electrical commissioning.
- Identified application for select standards and guidelines addressing electrical commissioning.
- How select standards and guidelines address owner needs, such as project phasing.
- Examples of electrical commissioning scope and how select standards and guidelines address industry and government programs.
Video courtesy: CxEnergy
- Jesse Felter, SSRCx, ACG Cx Guideline Committee
- Mark Gelfo, PE, CxA, EMP, LEED, TLC Engineering Solutions
- Peter Turek, CxA, EMP, LEED AP, O&M, TLC Engineering Solutions
- Charles Jackson III, PE, PMP, CxA, CEM, Sustainable Building Partners
- Jim Magee, CxA, EMP, LEED AP, president, Facility Commissioning Group
Owners must navigate an industry without seemingly clear direction with electrical commissioning criteria. It can be argued that resources used for commissioning of electrical equipment and systems would better serve the owner if providing a systematic process, repeatable for a range of project scope and needs. This comparative study is intended to contrast similarities and differences with guidelines and standards for possible electrical commissioning practices.
CxEnergy is the premier conference & expo in commissioning, building technology, and energy management. CSE subscribers receive a 10% discount to the CxEnergy 2023 with promo code CSE10 (May 2-5, Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX). Learn more and register.
CxEnergy is presented by the AABC Commissioning Group (ACG), the Energy Management Association (EMA), and the Associated Air Balance Council (AABC). Together, these Authorities in Building Performance represent over 600 member companies and 2,500 certified professionals in the testing, adjusting, and balancing, commissioning, and energy management industries.