Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: July 9-15, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Energy storage and microgrids, wireless lighting systems, HVAC and COVID-19, HVAC systems in manufacturing buildings and medical gas system design.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered energy storage and microgrids, wireless lighting systems, HVAC and COVID-19, HVAC systems in manufacturing buildings and medical gas system design. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Energy storage plays a key role in microgrids – Energy storage systems can provide robustness to a microgrid installation by improving resiliency of the electrical supply and creating an ROI for the stakeholders.
2. The future of wireless lighting systems – What should lighting designers consider for the future of wireless lighting systems?
3. Survey finds majority of companies used subpar HVAC solutions in response to COVID-19 – Nearly 60% of companies spent over $500,000, 26% spent more than $5M to upgrade, install HVAC systems.
4. Specifying HVAC systems in manufacturing, warehouse buildings – Warehouse, manufacturing and logistics facilities need engineering experts to specify various HVAC and plumbing systems.
5. The evolution of medical gas systems design – Medical gas systems design has changed, and is outlined in NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code.