Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 12-18, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Choosing between an ECM and VFD, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC changes, integrating a BAS and data center metrics.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered choosing between an ECM and VFD, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC changes, integrating a BAS and data center metrics. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
2. NFPA 101 and COVID-19 – Engineers need to consider the public health and life safety issues of reopening a building after COVID-19.
3. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.
4. Integrating a BAS into design – Building systems should be high-performing, integrated and accessible — and the building automation system is the key to achieving these goals.
5. Understanding changing data center metrics – There is a better way to assess data center behavior. Novel multidimensional metrics have been incorporated in data center standards and best practices.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.