Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 12-18, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Choosing between an ECM and VFD, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC changes, integrating a BAS and data center metrics.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered choosing between an ECM and VFD, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC changes, integrating a BAS and data center metrics. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
2. NFPA 101 and COVID-19 – Engineers need to consider the public health and life safety issues of reopening a building after COVID-19.
3. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.
4. Integrating a BAS into design – Building systems should be high-performing, integrated and accessible — and the building automation system is the key to achieving these goals.
5. Understanding changing data center metrics – There is a better way to assess data center behavior. Novel multidimensional metrics have been incorporated in data center standards and best practices.