Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 3-9, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. COVID-19 strategies for hospitals, NFPA 101, coronavirus' effects on the A/E industry and grow facilities.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for April 3-9 covered COVID-19 strategies for hospitals, NFPA 101, coronavirus’ effects on the A/E industry and grow facilities. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Converting alternative structures for COVID-19 patients – Converting structures such as hospitals, arenas, convention centers and other large-scale buildings in the wake of COVID-19 is a challenge, but perhaps a necessary one as the pandemic continues.
2. How NFPA 101 defines building egress – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code provides fire protection engineers many resources for designing safe egress, along with several other life safety options
3. Preparing for COVID–19: Strategies for creating isolation areas with existing hospital infrastructure – Hospitals and clinics will need to find ways to support an increase in patients who test positive for the virus. Strategies for creating isolation wards and using underutilized space can help.
4. Coronavirus’ impact on the A/E industry, April 6, 2020 – Morrissey Goodale is providing A/E leaders with news on the coronavirus and its impact on the industry. Highlights this week include the tough times ahead for the country and the economy and seven highlights from A/E firms.
5. Have you designed grow facilities? – Yes, grow rooms, as in marijuana. Tell us your engineering success stories