Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 16-22, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. NFPA 101 and COVID-19, rooftop units, ECM and VFDs, COVID-19 mitigation and lab opportunities.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered NFPA 101 and COVID-19, rooftop units, ECM and VFDs, COVID-19 mitigation and lab opportunities. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. NFPA 101 and COVID-19 – Engineers need to consider the public health and life safety issues of reopening a building after COVID-19.
2. Know when, how to specify a rooftop unit – There are some key components to recognize when designing air-cooled rooftop units.
3. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
4. Effective COVID-19 mitigation for HVAC systems – There are many technologies available for HVAC systems to combat the spread of COVID-19, but not all systems apply to all building types.
5. 10 things developers need to know for the next lab opportunity – The demand for lab space is growing, which can leave designers feeling flummoxed. How can they meet their clients’ expectations? Consider these 10 steps.