NFPA World Safety Conference & Expo to be held June 3 to June 7
The National Fire Protection Assoc.’s (NFPA) World Safety Conference & Exposition is scheduled for June 3 to June 7 at the Boston Convention and Exposition Center.
More than 5,000 attendees are expected to attend the opening session to hear keynote speaker and Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough. The conference and expo will feature more than 150 educational sessions and a three-day trade show. Some sessions include:
* Presentation on the Station Nightclub fire that killed 100 people in 2003 in West Warwick, R.I. Presentation will examine code changes, research and legislation issues.
* Presentation on the Cocoanut Grove nightclub fire that killed 492 people in 1942 in Boston.
* Questions on the World Trade Center investigations.
* NFPA’s new Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities.
* Emergency-response issues related to Avian Influenza and other animal-borne diseases.
In addition, NFPA members will have the opportunity to vote on proposed safety and building codes.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.