News At A Glance
ASHRAE has published Standard 62.1-2007 User’s Manual that provides a better understanding of the design, installation, and operation requirements in ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2007, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality.
The U.S. Dept. of Energy has established regulations that require new federal buildings to achieve at least 30% greater energy efficiency over prevailing buildings. These standards are 40% more efficient than the current Code of Federal Regulations and help carry out President Bush’s Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
• The new standard ANSI/ISA-99.00.01-2007, Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems Part 1: Terminology, Concepts, and Models, is the first in a series of ISA standards that addresses cyber security for industrial automation and control systems.
Events and conferences
• Feb. 7: A/E/C Essentials: An Introduction to the Design and Construction Industry, Houston
• Feb. 11-14: 57th Annual Industrial Ventilation Conference, East Lansing, Mich., Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center
• Feb. 17-23: 31st Annual E-Week, Future City Competition, Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, DiscoverE, and Cyberchase: Math in Science and Engineering, various locations
• Feb. 19-21: POWER-GEN Renewable Energy and Fuels 2008, Las Vegas