Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed fire and life safety articles in 2021
Read the best articles about fire and life safety published in the last year including: Fire pump applications, NFPA 72-2022, NFPA 101 and COVID, NFPA 99 interpretations and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online about fire and life safety posted over the last year covered fire pump applications, NFPA 72-2022, NFPA 101 and COVID, NFPA 99 interpretations and designing data center fire and life safety systems. Also: See additional fire and life safety stories here.
1. Understanding fire pumps, their applications and sizing – Learn about fire pump types, drivers, sizing and components.
2. What to look for in NFPA 72-2022 – This article is a look at some of the significant changes that may be included in the 2022 edition of NFPA 72.
3. NFPA 101 and COVID-19 – Engineers need to consider the public health and life safety issues of reopening a building after COVID-19.
4. How to interpret NFPA 99 medical gas, electrical changes – NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code identifies some new ways to specify medical gas and electrical systems.
5. How to design data center fire, life safety systems – An expert panel provides engineering and design tips for fire and life safety systems in this Q&A.