M/E Insider: A New Director at Albert Kahn; EBI Adds 200th Employee
• Albert Kahn Associates, Inc. , Detroit, announced that Kimberly Whitt has joined the firm as Director of Business Development. Whitt spent the last five years at DeMARIA in Novi, Mich. and served as director of business development for that firm’s health-care group for two years.
• R.W. Beck, Inc. , a management consulting and engineering firm, and Mott MacDonald Group , an engineering, management and development consultancy, have formed a joint venture, Beck-Mott MacDonald Power Systems , to offer a wider range of services to the electric power industry. The primary focus of the new entity will be to assist utilities with transmission and distribution services.
• Lockwood Greene , Spartanburg, S.C., has hired Robert Camp as senior consultant, industrial services. In this role he teaches and deploys Lean methodologies for offices and factories. Prior to joining Lockwood Greene, Camp was a member of the Granite State Quality Council and served on the board of directors for the Upper Valley United Way in Lebanon, N.H.
• EBI Consulting , Burlington, MA, has added its 200th employee. Founded in 1989, it employed 106 employees by the end of 2003. This number grew to 173 by the end of 2004. EBI provides consulting services to the commercial real estate, telecommunications, life sciences and industrial fields.
• GRG Inc. , invited Ron Graham to become a member of the National Fire Protection Assn.’s (NFPA) Health Care Section Codes and Standards Review Committee. Graham, with over 30 years of experience in the construction industry, will serve as one of the NFPA’s 101 Life Safety Subcommittee members, researching, reviewing and rewriting codes for NFPA.