Industry Roundup: Awards, Promotions and Hurricane Relief
• Greenheck, Schofield, Wis., has announced that Tim Kilgore has been appointed general manager for its damper and louver business unit and Airolite. Kilgore will be responsible for developing and executing the overall strategic plan for growth and distribution of dampers, louvers and architectural products
• Speakman Company, New Castle, Del., has named Michael Trenham as its CFO.He replaces David Bailey who, after over 40 years with the company, will reduce his work activities, while continuing on as the treasurer. The Speakman Company has been actively involved in the plumbing industry since 1869.
• Schneider Electric/Square D, Palatine, Ill., in an effort to expedite rebuilding efforts in hurricane-damaged areas of the GulfCoast, has deployed service restoration teams to the affected regions. The teams include professionals from the Square D Services Group, sales engineers, field technicians and logistics and channel support.
• Pass & Seymour/Legrand, Syracuse, N.Y., has announced that its employees will contribute directly to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina relief and recovery, and the company will match employee contributions up to $100,000.
• Philip J. DiNenno has been awarded the Society of Fire Protection Engineers’ (SFPE) most prestigious award, the Arthur B. Guise Medal. The award recognizes eminent achievement in the advancement of the science and technology of fire protection engineering and is named in memory of the achievements of Arthur Guise, who singularly developed dry chemicals for use as fire extinguishing agents.
• Trane, Piscataway, has appointed Larry Wash as vice president of services and contracting for its commercial customers. He will focus on developing new services, product offerings and programs to drive service, controls and contracting growth throughout the Americas.