The 60-Minute MBA for Engineers
ATTENDEES QUALIFY FOR A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
Being a brilliant engineer rarely translates into having a successful business. With all the years of education and training to make us experts in our profession, the skills needed to have a successful business were conveniently overlooked. This webinar will fill the void and provide you with the business management highlights that every firm needs to apply to achieve their full potential.
In this session, we will learn the fundamentals of all successful AE firms and provide the basis for making well-grounded business decisions. We will learn how firms can transition from being professionals providing services, to highly tuned businesses that can identify the needs of the marketplace and create services and products that are appropriately priced and yield consistent and greater profits.
Rather than seeking out new projects that merely build upon your current skills, you will start from a business-thinking mindset, where processes that are critical to building a thriving firm are examined and constituted in your firm. We will explore the importance of data within an engineering firm and demonstrate how careful collection and interpretation can lead your firm into more exciting and profitable territory.
Join us for an engaging, live webcast presented by Steven Burns, FAIA, Chief Creative Officer at BQE Software as he shares lessons learned over 35 years working with over 1,300 engineering firms.
- Identify why a “business-thinking” mindset is of utmost importance for service professionals
- Explain best practices for implementing a metrics-oriented leadership system
- Summarize how data-based performance management drives smarter business decisions
- Analyze how profitability drives growth rather than being merely a result
- Reframe your firm as a platform that enables you to achieve your business and personal goals
Steven Burns, FAIA, Chief Creative Officer, BQE Software
Tyler Wall, Associate Editor, CFE Media and Technology