Best Practices for Designing & Specifying Motor and Drive Pairing
Attend this session presented by Larry Leno and Abel Cavazos to learn best practices for protecting motors and drives and hazards, understand motor and drive sizing, motor and control methods and specifying motors and drives for use with variable speed applications and more.
- Understand how to evaluate motor and drive sizing, torques, horsepower, and motor and control methods and application when specifying motors and drives for use with variable speed applications.
- Consider environmental concerns such as hazardous environments, enclosures and space heaters.
- Understand the importance of testing a motor/drive and motor/drive/driven equipment together as a system before it goes into the field.
- Discover things to watch out for when designing or specifying a motor drive pairing such as shaft current mitigation and motor stator insulation.
- Consider additional application options including drive input controllers, drive feeders, and Sync-Xfer solutions.
- Learn best practices for protecting motors and drives and features and accessories that can aid in maximizing protection.
Larry Leno, Senior Technical Specialist, Toshiba International Corporation
Abel Cavazos, Senior Applications Engineer II, Toshiba International Corporation