Back to Basics: Motor Efficiency and the Advantages of Adjustable Speed Drives to Achieve Energy Savings
Attend this session to learn about energy legislation for induction motors and how it has changed over the years, the importance of properly sizing motors and drives for applications, how to achieve energy savings, and learn the features and benefits of energy savings software to evaluate your ROI.
- Review North America’s energy legislation for induction motors and how it has changed over the years, including the most recent changes.
- Understand future energy legislation driven by IEC international laws including IE4, IE5 and IE6, and the technologies emerging to support these requirements.
- Consider the importance of properly sizing motors and drives for your application.
- Understand the difference between constant and variable torque loads when using a drive.
- Provide an overview of the affinity laws on variable torque loads and the relationship between speed and power to achieve energy savings, looking at centrifugal pump and fan application examples.
- Discover how to properly program a drive’s volts per hertz pattern to maximize energy savings.
- Learn the features and benefits of Energy Savings Estimator software to evaluate your return on investment with metrics such as pay-back period and kilowatt hours saved.
Glenn Cline, Senior Technical Specialist, Toshiba International Corporation
Joshua Jagnanan, Senior Application Engineer, Toshiba International Corporation