Webcast: What to consider when designing a paralleling power system
Attend this webcast on September 15, 2022, to learn when and how a system-level control fits in the power system.
This comprehensive course provides electrical engineers with an overview of power systems and covers the elements to consider for designing generator paralleling systems, automatic transfer switches, withstand/closing ratings, grounding and protection.
Also, the course covers when and how a system-level control fits in the power system. System-level control reliability will be explored while the instructor reviews genset paralleling and control strategies employed to eliminate potential single points of failure.
- Understand generator paralleling functions in a distributed logic architecture.
- Review electrical distributions boards and the major differences UL 891 and UL 1558.
- Apply transfer switches withstand/closing ratings in a power system.
- Know about the functionalities and applications of a system level control.
- Evaluate protection, ground fault considerations, neutral grounding resistors and 3-pole/4-pole transfer switches.