Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer content: June 17-23, 2022
The most-viewed content from the past week covered electrical distribution systems, rooftop units, fire pump speed, HVAC trends and NFPA 72-2022.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 content over the past week covered electrical distribution systems, rooftop units, fire pump speed, HVAC trends and NFPA 72-2022. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Electrical distribution systems: Fuses versus circuit breakers – How does an electrical engineer decide between fuses and circuit breakers? The answer: It depends.
2. Applied versus packaged rooftop units — does it matter? – The line between applied and packaged rooftop units is sometimes blurred, and ultimately the needs of the project will dictate whether applied or packaged should be recommended and specified based on the wide array of available options.
3. Using fire pump speed as a design consideration – Pump speed has always been a critical factor in assessing fire protection system performance and can now be used as much more of a design consideration.
4. Video: HVAC trends in office buildings – Dewberry’s Kevin McNiff provides insights on office buildings, specifically their HVAC systems.
5. What to know about the 2022 edition of NFPA 72 – The 2022 edition of NFPA 72 has a number of changes. These changes can be implemented before the adoption of the code to enhance a fire alarm’s system design.