Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer content: April 29 to May 5, 2022
The most-viewed content from the past week covered NFPA 72 changes, smoke control systems, electrification, electrical power quality options and air movement.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 content over the past week covered NFPA 72 changes, smoke control systems, electrification, electrical power quality options and air movement. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. What to know about the 2022 edition of NFPA 72 – The 2022 edition of NFPA 72 has a number of changes. These changes can be implemented before the adoption of the code to enhance a fire alarm’s system design.
2. What every engineer designing smoke control systems should know – This outlines the design requirements and their basis for smoke control systems.
3. Video: Electrification, decarbonization in hospitals – Two experts from Henderson Engineers explain how hospitals are setting trends in building electrification.
4. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
5. Air movement and air handling systems – When designers understand basic concepts applied within air movement or air handling systems and make correct fan selections, these systems can operate at or near peak efficiency.