Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 9-15, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. UV light for aerosol disinfection, indoor air quality, motor circuit protection, smart building consulting and nanotech filter coatings.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered UV light for aerosol disinfection, indoor air quality, motor circuit protection, smart building consulting and nanotech filter coatings. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. UV light used for aerosol disinfection in unoccupied classrooms – Researchers at Penn State are using a grant to investigate whether aerosol disinfection of classrooms using UV light could be effective in the fight against COVID-19 and other diseases.
2. Making IAQ better with COVID-19 in the air – How can building HVAC systems be modified to provide a safer environment in new and renovated spaces?
3. Fundamentals of motor circuit protection – Motor circuit protection involves understanding the National Electrical Code and equipment nameplate information.
4. Smart building consulting: integrating people and systems – Examine the role of a smart building consultant and uncover the tools and processes used to communicate and work with stakeholders to deliver valuable smart building solutions.
5. Nanotech filter coating captures COVID-19 droplets – A nanotech coating designed to allow air filters to capture airborne or aerosolized droplets of the virus that causes COVID-19 has been developed by University of Houston researchers.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.