Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 8-14, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Circuit coordination, environmental conservation, wildfire smoke mitigation, manufacturing building standards and IAQ facilities.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered circuit coordination, environmental conservation, wildfire smoke mitigation, manufacturing building standards and IAQ facilities. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Circuit coordination: reliability, personnel safety or both? – As electrical power systems become more complex, system coordination and protection of a facility becomes increasingly important for safe and reliable operation.
2. Four standards that guide environmental conservation in the built environment – To combat greenhouse gas emissions and design healthy and productive spaces, engineers and designers should strive to apply not only LEED standards to their projects, but also RESET, Living Building Challenge, Passive House and WELL Building standards.
3. Wildfire smoke mitigation strategies in buildings – Planning, architectural, HVAC, control and in-room or portable appliance strategies for limiting wildfire smoke from entering into buildings.
4. Changes to codes, standards in the manufacturing, industrial building – Several changes to the design of manufacturing and industrial buildings are covered here by the experts, with a focus on codes and standards.
5. How to prepare a facility to be IAQ centric – Indoor air quality is key in buildings, and there are several ways to measure and improve upon it.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.