Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 18-24
Read the best articles from the past week. Design considerations for pipe systems and materials, introduction to boilers, 2019 Commissioning Giants, evaluating power quality for mission critical facilities and using demand-controlled ventilation in HVAC.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Oct. 18-24 covered determining which boiler system to design, IPD and VDC can lead to project success, 2019 Product of the Year winners, unified mass notification systems and the 2019 Commissioning Giants. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Pipe systems and materials: Design considerations – Choosing the right pipe system and design is essential to ensure excellence in mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and beyond
2. Introduction to boilers for the entry-level engineer – Entry-level consulting engineers should understand the definition and applications of a commercial hydronic boiler
3. 2019 Commissioning Giants – The 2019 Commissioning Giants data reports on the top 25 firms
4. Evaluating power quality for mission critical facilities – Mission critical and data center facilities that use sensitive power electronics have small tolerances for power source deviations. Power quality and the mitigation of problems affecting power quality are very important to the continuous operation of the facility
5. Using demand-controlled ventilation in HVAC – Mechanical engineers should consider the many factors that go into designing buildings for indoor air quality and indoor environmental quality