Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 15-21, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Commissioning giants, emergency lighting codes, environmental conservation, circuit coordination and IAQ facilities.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered commissioning giants, emergency lighting codes, environmental conservation, circuit coordination and IAQ facilities. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Commissioning Giants – The 2021 Commissioning Giants data reports on the top 25 firms.
2. Thinking about emergency lighting code compliance – Emergency lighting control takes on many different forms and consulting engineers need to know the required codes and standards as well as the strategies to take to find the best possible solutions.
3. Four standards that guide environmental conservation in the built environment – To combat greenhouse gas emissions and design healthy and productive spaces, engineers and designers should strive to apply not only LEED standards to their projects, but also RESET, Living Building Challenge, Passive House and WELL Building standards.
4. Circuit coordination: reliability, personnel safety or both? – As electrical power systems become more complex, system coordination and protection of a facility becomes increasingly important for safe and reliable operation.
5. How to prepare a facility to be IAQ centric – Indoor air quality is key in buildings, and there are several ways to measure and improve upon it.