Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: November 8-14
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Nov. 8-14 covered transformers in nonresidential buildings, power for mission critical facilities, 2019 Product of the Year, notification and communication system questions answered and managing building cyberrisk. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Selecting and sizing transformers in nonresidential buildings – Transformers are an essential component of almost any electrical distribution system. Design engineers should know the design concepts, the codes and standards for selecting and sizing transformers to ensure they are appropriate for the application
2. Evaluating power quality for mission critical facilities – Mission critical and data center facilities that use sensitive power electronics have small tolerances for power source deviations. Power quality and the mitigation of problems affecting power quality are very important to the continuous operation of the facility
3. 2019 Product of the Year Winners – Consulting-Specifying Engineer readers have cast their votes for the 2019 Product of the Year; read about the winners.
4. Your questions answered: Fire and life safety: Notification and communications systems – Questions not answered during the live “Fire and life safety: Notification and communications systems” webcast Oct. 30, 2019, are answered by the presenters
5. Case study: Eight steps to managing building cyberrisk – This case study documents a cyber journey and cyberrisk mitigation strategy implemented on operational technology systems in the HDR office building