Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: November 5-11, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. 2021 product of year winners, changes in electrical, power systems and industrial buildings, and commercial wiring methods.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered 2021 product of year winners, changes in electrical, power systems and more, and commercial wiring methods. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Product of the Year winners- Consulting-Specifying Engineer reveals the MVP, gold, silver and bronze award recipients for the 2021 Product of the Year program.
2. Your questions answered: Evolution of Power Factor Correction in Low-Voltage Distribution Networks– Electrical engineers should understand what power factor correction is, why engineers should correct power factor, the evolution from power factor to true power factor and various power factor correction techniques.
3. Changes in the electrical, power systems in manufacturing, industrial buildings- Several changes to the design of manufacturing and industrial buildings are covered here by electrical, power and lighting experts.
4. Commercial wiring methods: Back to basics- A working understanding of commonly used wiring methods is critical for electrical engineers who design power systems for buildings
5. Circuit coordination: reliability, personnel safety or both?- As electrical power systems become more complex, system coordination and protection of a facility becomes increasingly important for safe and reliable operation.