Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: May 7-13, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Wireless lighting controls, designing data centers, electrical system software, HVAC changes and CFD in three dimensions.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered wireless lighting controls, designing data centers, electrical system software, HVAC changes and CFD in three dimensions. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to design data center electrical and power systems – An expert panel provides engineering and design tips for electrical, power and lighting systems in this Q&A.
2. Picking software to model electrical systems – As electrical power and lighting systems become more complex, modeling for safe and reliable electrical operations becomes increasingly important.
3. How to switch to wireless lighting controls – Wireless lighting controls are making installations and code compliance easier on retrofit and new construction projects.
4. Five applications of computation fluid dynamics motion in three dimensions – Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can be used retrofitting, estimating hydraulic losses, optimizing flow distribution and more.
5. How HVAC, BAS have changed during COVID-19 – In this proprietary research study, respondents provided information on a variety of HVAC and BAS topics, plus details about how COVID-19 has affected their work.