Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: May 29 to June 4, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. NFPA 13-2019 revisions, 40 Under 40 winners, fire and life safety systems, public health laboratory safety and COVID-19 impacts.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for May 29 to June 4 covered chilled water plants, COVID-19 and the business of engineering, 40 Under 40 winners and wireless lighting controls. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants – A water-cooled chiller plant can be more efficient over the life span of the system and will be less costly than an air-cooled chiller plant.
2. Q&A with WSP on COVID-19: Business of engineering – Leaders from WSP USA reply to questions, reflecting on how the business of engineering will change due to COVID-19.
3. 2020 40 Under 40 winners announced – These 2020 40 Under 40 winners have what it takes to lead the building industry to a higher level.
4. COVID-19 and the impacts to the workplace – The Bala Consulting Engineers COVID-19 Task Force has published a white paper to assist engineers in making buildings safer.
5. Future-proof health care facilities with wireless lighting controls – As the industry continues to gain momentum in wireless control solutions, what is the future of lighting controls in critical applications such as a health care environment?