Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: May 28 to June 3, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Wireless lighting systems, specifying rooftop units, modeling software, power for fire/life safety systems and solar heat gain.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered wireless lighting systems, specifying rooftop units, modeling software, power for fire/life safety systems and solar heat gain. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. What to know about wireless lighting systems – As more lighting devices, systems and services become connected wirelessly, so have lighting control systems, offering flexibility and scalability.
2. Know when, how to specify a rooftop unit – There are some key components to recognize when designing air-cooled rooftop units.
3. How to choose and use modeling software – Consulting engineers should evaluate how to select and use the right modeling software tools for a building design project.
4. Your questions answered: Power for emergency fire/life safety systems – Questions not answered during the live webcast are answered here; learn more about emergency, standby and backup power for fire and life safety systems.
5. How solar heat gain affects building design – The SHGC of glazing is a tiny number in a sea of values to consider, but it has broad impacts on HVAC systems, lighting design, the appearance of the building, façade costs and the health and comfort of occupants.