Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: May 28 to June 3, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Wireless lighting systems, specifying rooftop units, modeling software, power for fire/life safety systems and solar heat gain.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered wireless lighting systems, specifying rooftop units, modeling software, power for fire/life safety systems and solar heat gain. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. What to know about wireless lighting systems – As more lighting devices, systems and services become connected wirelessly, so have lighting control systems, offering flexibility and scalability.
2. Know when, how to specify a rooftop unit – There are some key components to recognize when designing air-cooled rooftop units.
3. How to choose and use modeling software – Consulting engineers should evaluate how to select and use the right modeling software tools for a building design project.
4. Your questions answered: Power for emergency fire/life safety systems – Questions not answered during the live webcast are answered here; learn more about emergency, standby and backup power for fire and life safety systems.
5. How solar heat gain affects building design – The SHGC of glazing is a tiny number in a sea of values to consider, but it has broad impacts on HVAC systems, lighting design, the appearance of the building, façade costs and the health and comfort of occupants.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.