Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: May 15-21, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. 40 Under 40 winners, COVID-19 and decommissioned health care facilities, integrating building systems, chilled water plants and air filtration.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for May 15-21 covered 40 Under 40 winners, COVID-19 and decommissioned health care facilities, integrating building systems, chilled water plants and air filtration. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2020 40 Under 40 winners announced – These 2020 40 Under 40 winners have what it takes to lead the building industry to a higher level.
2. Guidance for reopening decommissioned healthcare facilities to accommodate COVID-19 patients – Healthcare organizations across the country are facing an unprecedented need for safe and additional spaces for COVID-19 care, which is leading to some looking at decommissioned healthcare facilities.
3. Integrating building systems through controls – By considering updated controls architecture, integrating building systems together becomes much more attainable and streamlined
4. Air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants – A water-cooled chiller plant can be more efficient over the life span of the system and will be less costly than an air-cooled chiller plant
5. What’s so important about air filtration? – Filters are ubiquitous in air handling systems, so it’s helpful to understand the different options for filters and to learn about how they function.