Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, March 29 to April 4
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for March 29 to April 4 covered chiller selection, LED lighting and control system design, designing data center air handling and conditioning system, AHUs, and electrical systems. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Chiller selection: Much more than capacity – Selecting and specifying the right chiller is generally dictated by capacity. There are many ways to specify chillers and chilled-water systems, depending on the application
- LED lighting and control system design considerations – Designers need to explore various approaches and requirements to lighting design as codes and standards are becoming more energy-conscious.
- Designing data center air handling and conditioning systems – Strategies for implementing new air handling systems, including specific performance criteria, energy use targets, climate and heat recovery are among the many topics to be addressed during the conceptual engineering and design process.
- AHU types, components, and configurations – In this second portion, engineers will understand the component makeup of air handling units (AHUs) and their inclusion within various HVAC systems.
- Electrical systems, from design to commissioning – Learn how to define the procedures of electrical schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding, and construction administration including electrical commissioning.