Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, March 22-28
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for March 22-28 covered updates to NFPA 72-2019, electrical testing and commissioning considerations, electrical system commissioning, USP 797 and USP 800 compliance, and top strategies to deal with turbulent times in the engineering industry. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Know the updates to NFPA 72-2019 – The 2019 update of NFPA 72 provides fire protection engineers improved mass notification and emergency communication guidelines. Here’s a look at what’s new in the most recent version of the code.
- Considerations for electrical testing and commissioning – The need for testing and commissioning electrical equipment and systems varies by project, client, system, and building codes.
- Commissioning of electrical systems – Commissioning of electrical systems has become an integral and well-established part of the building design and construction process. However, as cities and states increasingly pass more stringent energy legislation while new technologies continue to present countless possibilities, building systems will get smarter and more interconnected—and the role commissioning plays in the built environment will continue to expand.
- USP 797 and USP 800: 8 common mistakes to avoid when complying – The revisions to USP 797 and new USP 800 standards will go into effect December 1, 2019.
- Top five strategies to deal with turbulent times in the engineering industry – How engineering firms plan for, analyze, and react to the expected and unexpected will define their future success.