Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, March 15-21
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for March 15-21 covered mistakes to avoid with USP 797 and USP 800, AHUs in HVAC design, optimized heating with low-grade waste-heat recovery, data center AHU and conditioning design, and strategies to deal with turbulent times in the engineering industry. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- USP 797 ad USP 800: 8 common mistakes to avoid when complying – The revisions to USP 797 and new USP 800 standards will go into effect December 1, 2019.
- AHUs in HVAC system design configurations – In this third portion, review guidelines, standards, and basic concepts for designing HVAC projects using AHUs.
- Optimized heating with low-grade waste-heat recovery – Hydronic heating systems remain an energy-efficient and effective means to distribute low-grade waste heat throughout a high-performance building.
- Designing data center air handling and conditioning systems – Strategies for implementing new air handling systems, including specific performance criteria, energy use targets, climate and heat recovery are among the many topics to be addressed during the conceptual engineering and design process.
- Top five strategies to deal with turbulent times in the engineering industry – How engineering firms plan for, analyze, and react to the expected and unexpected will define their future success.