Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: June 19-25, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. Improving the workplace, NFPA 99 hospital changes, COVID-19 engineering advice and retail impacts and smoke control systems.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for June 19-25 covered improving the workplace, NFPA 99 hospital changes, COVID-19 engineering advice and retail impacts and smoke control systems. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Four lessons to take from working at home to improve the workplace – The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things for people who worked at home, but there are some valuable lessons to take from this unique experience that can make the work environment a better one.
2. Basics of NFPA 99 changes for hospital design – How engineers should navigate the changes to the 2018 edition of NFPA 99.
3. Ask an expert at Southland: COVID-19 and engineering – Peter Pobjoy at Southland Industries shares details on what engineering changes may lie ahead with COVID-19 issues
4. How is COVID-19 affecting retail, restaurants? – With consumers frequently enjoying delivered meals and shopping for goods online, brick-and-mortar restaurants and retail structures need to be more advanced than ever to compete.
5. Best practices for designing smoke control systems – By incorporating NFPA 92 with best practices, fire protection engineers can successfully design smoke control systems for buildings.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.