Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: July 27 to August 2, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. Air quality and smart buildings, stairwell pressurization, computation design, zero energy buildings and Product of the Year finalists.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for July 27 to August 2 covered air quality and smart buildings, stairwell pressurization, computation design, zero energy buildings and Product of the Year finalists. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How COVID-19 is affecting air quality, smart buildings – Arup’s Mark Walsh-Cooke shared tools to help engineers stay better informed about HVAC systems, air quality, smart buildings and technology.
2. Using a hybrid design approach to stairwell pressurization – While the design process for a stairwell pressurization system should account for many building specific variables and is anything but simple, the system used to achieve the performance criteria doesn’t have to be complicated.
3. How computational design, modeling are changing engineering – Visual scripting tools empower engineers by leveraging the power of coding and computational design to automate tasks and optimize data.
4. Best practices for zero energy buildings and smart grid integration – Zero energy buildings, renewable energy and the smart grid are key considerations to commercial building design.
5. 2020 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote now for the best products! Who will win gold in 2020? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 16th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online at www.csemag.com/NP4E.