Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles July 26-August 1
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for July 26-Aug. 1 covered managing an engineering career, electrical and power design in government facilities, generators as an alternative power supply, HVAC and plumbing in government facilities, and fire alarm notification design best practices. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Choosing and managing an engineering career: 7 things to know – A well-managed engineering career means a lifetime career outside the rut. Apply these seven tips to manage a successful engineering career.
2. Government facility design: Electrical, power and lighting – Consulting engineers are working on government, state, municipal, federal, correctional and military buildings
3. Generators function as a reliable alternative power supply – When designing standby power systems for facilities such as data centers, hospitals, pumping stations, generation or processing plants, engineers should make informed decisions regarding proper generator size and operation methods to protect critical loads.
4. Government facility design: HVAC and plumbing – Consulting engineers are working on government, state, municipal, federal, correctional and military buildings
5. Best practices for fire alarm notification design – As the functions and goals of fire alarm notification systems expand, the system layout must be effectively designed to provide a variety of vital signals.