Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles July 12-18
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for July 12-18 covered considerations for electrical testing and commissioning, sprinkler installations and obstructions, best practices for fire alarm notification design, integrating direct digital controls and technologies to watch in fire & life safety. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Considerations for electrical testing and commissioning – The need for testing and commissioning electrical equipment and systems varies by project, client, system, and building codes.
2. Sprinkler installations and obstructions – Sprinkler protection is an essential component of building fire and life safety. Sprinkler fire suppression systems are required to be installed with an understanding of the applicable standards and proper coordination among other building services throughout a project lifecycle.
3. Best practices for fire alarm notification design – As the functions and goals of fire alarm notification systems expand, the system layout must be effectively designed to provide a variety of vital signals.
4. Integrating direct digital controls – Learn about control system attributes, and how integrated control systems can be designed for various building systems.
5. Three technologies to watch in fire, life safety – While some of these systems have been available for some time, they are not yet readily accepted by fire and life safety experts.