Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 31 to February 6
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Jan. 31 to Feb. 6 covered office building design, NFPA 20 fire pumps, successful acoustic projects, electrical design for smoke control systems, and the top January CSE articles. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. What’s so special about office buildings? – Office buildings are complex structures containing automated features, energy-saving designs, high-tech equipment and other components as advanced as you’d find in any other state-of-the-art project
2. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20
3. Eight considerations for an acoustically successful project – The team at TLC Engineering Solutions recently developed this list of building elements where noise transmission should be considered during design to result in a successful project.
4. Electrical design for smoke control systems – Engineers designing electrical infrastructure to support smoke control systems must be aware of the stringent requirements listed throughout multiple code sections
5. Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, January 2020 – Read the best articles in January 2020 including: NEC changes, building automation advances, electrical design for smoke control systems, cooling coil condensate, lighting commissioning and more.