Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 24-30
Read the best articles from the past week. Electrical design for smoke control systems, NFPA 20 fire pumps, NEC 2017 changes, NFPA 101 defining egress, and NFPA 110-2019 changes.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Jan. 24-30 covered electrical design for smoke control systems, NFPA 20 fire pumps, NEC 2017 changes, NFPA 101 defining egress, and NFPA 110-2019 changes. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Electrical design for smoke control systems – Engineers designing electrical infrastructure to support smoke control systems must be aware of the stringent requirements listed throughout multiple code sections
2. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20
3. Analyzing NEC 2017 changes – Several changes to the 2017 edition of NFPA 70: National Electrical Code should be noted
4. How NFPA 101 defines building egress – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code provides fire protection engineers many resources for designing safe egress, along with several other life safety options
5. NFPA 110-2019 concepts and changes – Understand NFPA 110 and its relation to emergency power supplies