Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 22-28, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Smart buildings, NEC changes, designing and retrofitting hospitals, choosing between an ECM and VFD and NEC changes
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered smart buildings, NEC changes, designing and retrofitting hospitals, choosing between an ECM and VFD and NEC changes. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How smart buildings combat health concerns – Building owners can use sensor technology and centralized building controls to make their buildings safer and more resilient.
2. NEC changes enhance resiliency – The 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code added changes to improve resiliency electrical system design.
3. Designing, retrofitting hospitals during COVID-19 – COVID While COVID-19 has changed many aspects in a health care facility, some things remain identical.
4. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
5. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.