Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, January 11-17
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s top 5 most read articles online for Jan. 11-17 covered designing safe laboratories and research facilities; designing power systems for co-location data centers; how to design fire alarm notification systems; tips for transformer design in industrial buildings; and emergency, standby, and backup generators questions answered. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Designing safe laboratories and research facilities: Codes and standards – Engineers working on laboratory and research projects are tasked with balancing state-of-the-art systems, budgetary concerns, occupant safety, sustainable performance, and other factors including being compliant with codes and standards.
- Designing power systems for co-location data centers – Engineers must consider many factors when designing power and electrical systems for data centers.
- How to design fire alarm notification systems – This mass notification and emergency communication system design discussion is holistic and includes all associated coordination requirements.
- Seven tips for transformer design in industrial buildings – Proper knowledge of transformer design for both new and replacement installations is essential to building operation, specifically in industrial applications.
- Your questions answered: Emergency, standby, and backup generators – Presenters from the critical power webcast on Dec. 11, 2018, answer questions left unaddressed during the live presentation.