Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, February 8-14
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s top 5 most read articles online for Feb. 8-14 covered top strategies to deal with turbulent times in the engineering industry, designing power systems for high-performance buildings, LED lighting and control system design considerations, designing fire alarm notification systems, and USP 797 and USP 800 compliance. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Top five strategies to deal with turbulent times in the engineering industry – How engineering firms plan for, analyze, and react to the expected and unexpected will define their future success.
- Designing backup, standby, and emergency power for high-performance buildings – Backup power design for a high-performance building is required, and offers many benefits.
- LED lighting and control system design considerations – Designers need to explore various approaches and requirements to lighting design as codes and standards are becoming more energy-conscious.
- How to design fire alarm notification systems – This mass notification and emergency communication system design discussion is holistic and includes all associated coordination requirements.
- USP 797 and USP 800: 8 common mistakes to avoid when complying – The revisions to USP 797 and new USP 800 standards will go into effect December 1, 2019.