Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 4-10, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. Transfer switch time duration, electrical power quality options, health care generators, electrification and fire pump systems.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered transfer switch time duration, electrical power quality options, health care generators, electrification and fire pump systems. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to apply transfer switch time duration and short-time WCR – Learn about UL 1008 short-circuit testing and passing criteria, and know how to apply the short-circuit withstand and closing rating in a power system.
2. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
3. Understand the distinctions of generators for health care – Generator systems designed for health care occupancies have a unique set of requirements.
4. Combatting the climate crisis through building electrification – What exactly should we first do with our buildings to combat the climate crisis?
5. Fire pump systems design and coordination – Learn about the details of fire pump design and interdisciplinary coordination throughout the design process.