Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 21-27
Read the best articles from the past week. NFPA 101 and building egress, NFPA 20 fire pumps, power quality and energy balance, mergers and acquisitions, and lab and research facility design.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Feb. 21-27 covered NFPA 101 and building egress, NFPA 20 fire pumps, power quality and energy balance, mergers and acquisitions, and lab and research facility design. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How NFPA 101 defines building egress – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code provides fire protection engineers many resources for designing safe egress, along with several other life safety options
2. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20
3. How to balance power quality and energy efficiency – Negative impacts between efficiency equipment and power quality can be minimized if systems are designed and fortified with technologies to help manage power distribution better
4. Weekly merger, acquisition, deal update: February 21 – This week Morrissey Goodale reported five deals in the U.S. and one international deal involving companies from the United Kingdom.
5. Lab, research facility design: Electrical, power and lighting – Learn tips on how to design labs and research facilities — some of the most high-tech buildings around