Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 14-20
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Feb. 14-20 covered VFDs, NFPA 20 fire pumps, NEC 2017 changes, mergers and acquisitions, and designing circuit interrupters. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. When are VFDs essential? – Engineers should understand variable frequency drive technologies, and the key considerations for designing a VFD to control a motor
2. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20
3. Analyzing NEC 2017 changes – Several changes to the 2017 edition of NFPA 70: National Electrical Code should be noted
4. Weekly merger, acquisition, deal update: February 14 – This week Morrissey Goodale reported six deals in the U.S. and three international deals involving companies from the U.S., the United Kingdom, Germany and Denmark
5. Tips for designing circuit interrupters – Electrical engineers should be familiar with how to specify various circuit interruption and emergency electrical disconnects in commercial facilities