Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 11-17, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. Metal-clad cable and busways, chilled water system design, electrical power quality options, engineering salaries and electrification.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered metal-clad cable and busways, chilled water system design, electrical power quality options, engineering salaries and electrification. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to specify metal-clad cable and busways – Wiring methods like metal-clad cable and busways, using premanufactured components, can offer significant labor savings, but their limitations should be understood before specifying them.
2. Video: Chilled water system design with Henderson Engineers – Two mechanical system design experts take a holistic view of chillers and chilled water systems.
3. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
4. Did your engineering salary go up or down? – While base salaries dipped slightly, nonsalary compensation increased dramatically in this year’s salary survey.
5. Combatting the climate crisis through building electrification – What exactly should we first do with our buildings to combat the climate crisis?