Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 11-17, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. Metal-clad cable and busways, chilled water system design, electrical power quality options, engineering salaries and electrification.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered metal-clad cable and busways, chilled water system design, electrical power quality options, engineering salaries and electrification. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to specify metal-clad cable and busways – Wiring methods like metal-clad cable and busways, using premanufactured components, can offer significant labor savings, but their limitations should be understood before specifying them.
2. Video: Chilled water system design with Henderson Engineers – Two mechanical system design experts take a holistic view of chillers and chilled water systems.
3. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
4. Did your engineering salary go up or down? – While base salaries dipped slightly, nonsalary compensation increased dramatically in this year’s salary survey.
5. Combatting the climate crisis through building electrification – What exactly should we first do with our buildings to combat the climate crisis?
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.