Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, February 1-7
HVAC design solutions, LED lighting and control design considerations, AHUs in HVAC design configuration, NFPA 70-2017 changes, and going net zero with your building were Consulting-Specifying Engineer's five most clicked articles from last week, Feb. 1-7. Were you out last week? You can catch up here.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s top 5 most read articles online for Feb. 1-7 covered HVAC design solutions, LED lighting and control design considerations, AHUs in HVAC design configuration, NFPA 70-2017 changes, and going net zero with your building. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Solutions for tight spaces in HVAC design – An historic university building had tough mechanical space requirements. Here’s how these challenges were met.
- LED lighting and control system design considerations – Designers need to explore various approaches and requirements to lighting design as codes and standards are becoming more energy-conscious.
- AHUs in HVAC system design configurations – In this third portion, review guidelines, standards, and basic concepts for designing HVAC projects using AHUs.
- Understanding changes to NFPA 70-2017 – NFPA 70-2017: The National Electrical Code (NEC) has many requirements that apply to designing electrical systems for health care facilities. It’s vital to understand the changes in the 2017 edition in order to stay code-compliant.
- Going net zero with your building – Conceptually, designing a net zero building is straightforward. But in reality, net zero buildings are complex and can encounter unforeseen challenges.