Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: August 9-August 15
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for Aug. 9-Aug. 15 covered MEP Giants revenue increase, MEP Giants mergers and acquisitions, modern codes and mass timber buildings, 2019 MEP Giants and technologies to watch in fire and life safety. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. MEP Giants revenue increases $5.9 billion – The 2019 MEP Giants gross revenue and MEP/FP revenue increased compared to last year
2. MEP Giants mergers and acquisitions set a blistering pace in 2018 – As transactions increase industrywide, more mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering firms jump in
3. Modern codes and mass timber buildings – Building codes and construction techniques have evolved since the 850-year old Notre-Dame was built, leading to a recent resurgence of mass timber buildings
4. 2019 MEP Giants announced – The 2019 Consulting-Specifying Engineer MEP Giants have been announced
5. Three technologies to watch in fire, life safety – While some of these systems have been available for some time, they are not yet readily accepted by fire and life safety experts