Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: August 6-12, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Product of the Year finalists, NFPA 99 changes, university supercomputers, cooling plant optimization controllers and transformer protection.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered Product of the Year finalists, NFPA 99 changes, university supercomputers, cooling plant optimization controllers and transformer protection. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Product of the Year Finalists: Vote now! – Who will win gold in 2021? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 17th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online.
2. How to interpret NFPA 99 medical gas, electrical changes – NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code identifies some new ways to specify medical gas and electrical systems.
3. Powering up the fastest university supercomputer – The University of Texas Frontera supercomputer requires massive amounts of electricity and posed a challenge to engineer the power supply in a limited space.
4. When to use cooling plant optimization controllers – Use of specialized controls packages can unlock cooling plant equipment efficiency for improved performance.
5. Transformer protection is essential for reliable power – Transformer protection is vital to ensure that one of the most expensive and important pieces of equipment in a power system can stay in service.