Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: August 30-September 5
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for Aug. 30-Sept. 5 covered getting started designing smart buildings, Puerto Rico’s new building codes, a circadian approach to lighting design, understanding ASHRAE’s standards development process and ways to improve engineer retention. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to get started designing a smart building – What is a smart building, and how can engineers design integrated building systems?
2. Puerto Rico’s new building codes are creating a more resilient island – New building codes were adopted in 2018 to help create a safer, stronger, and more resilient island as it recovers and rebuilds.
3. Lighting and wellness: A circadian approach to lighting design – A growing body of research shows that lighting has a significant impact on people’s well-being
4. Understanding ASHRAE’s standards development process – ASHRAE has a defined process in place for developing — and updating — each of its standards
5. Three ways to improve engineer retention – Companies looking to protect their top engineering talent from rivals should look to improve training, benefits and wages to make employees happier and more productive.