Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: August 30-September 5
Read the best articles from the past week. Getting started designing smart buildings, Puerto Rico's new building codes, a circadian approach to lighting design, understanding ASHRAE's standards development process and ways to improve engineer retention.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for Aug. 30-Sept. 5 covered getting started designing smart buildings, Puerto Rico’s new building codes, a circadian approach to lighting design, understanding ASHRAE’s standards development process and ways to improve engineer retention. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to get started designing a smart building – What is a smart building, and how can engineers design integrated building systems?
2. Puerto Rico’s new building codes are creating a more resilient island – New building codes were adopted in 2018 to help create a safer, stronger, and more resilient island as it recovers and rebuilds.
3. Lighting and wellness: A circadian approach to lighting design – A growing body of research shows that lighting has a significant impact on people’s well-being
4. Understanding ASHRAE’s standards development process – ASHRAE has a defined process in place for developing — and updating — each of its standards
5. Three ways to improve engineer retention – Companies looking to protect their top engineering talent from rivals should look to improve training, benefits and wages to make employees happier and more productive.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.