Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: August 10-16, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. Switchgear and transformers, school building safety, Product of the Year finalists, ASHRAE 90.4 and UV light disinfection.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for August 10-16 covered switchgear and transformers, school building safety, Product of the Year finalists, ASHRAE 90.4 and UV light disinfection. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Back to basics: Switchgear, transformers and UPSs – Switchgear, transformers and uninterruptible power supplies are among the largest, costliest and most critical devices in a facility.
2. Building engineers are helping students safely return to school – There are many factors to consider when deciding when and how to safely open schools across the country. Four highlights from a recent ASHRAE report are highlighted.
3. 2020 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote now for the best products! Who will win gold in 2020? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 16th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
4. What ASHRAE 90.4 does for data center energy efficiency – The design and operation of data centers continues to evolve, with ASHRAE Standard 90.4 as guidance.
5. Deep UV light disinfection could help prevent disease, virus spread – Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) developed a device capable of automatically disinfecting common surfaces, which could be vital in virus and disease mitigation during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.