Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: August 10-16, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. Switchgear and transformers, school building safety, Product of the Year finalists, ASHRAE 90.4 and UV light disinfection.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for August 10-16 covered switchgear and transformers, school building safety, Product of the Year finalists, ASHRAE 90.4 and UV light disinfection. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Back to basics: Switchgear, transformers and UPSs – Switchgear, transformers and uninterruptible power supplies are among the largest, costliest and most critical devices in a facility.
2. Building engineers are helping students safely return to school – There are many factors to consider when deciding when and how to safely open schools across the country. Four highlights from a recent ASHRAE report are highlighted.
3. 2020 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote now for the best products! Who will win gold in 2020? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 16th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
4. What ASHRAE 90.4 does for data center energy efficiency – The design and operation of data centers continues to evolve, with ASHRAE Standard 90.4 as guidance.
5. Deep UV light disinfection could help prevent disease, virus spread – Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) developed a device capable of automatically disinfecting common surfaces, which could be vital in virus and disease mitigation during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.